In this step, you will go to Shopping Cart in the Enrollment section of DukeHub, enroll in your fall courses, and then adjust your schedule (if necessary) during the drop/add period. The Enroll button
s will appear before your enrollment window opens, but is not functional. If you try to enroll before your window opens, the following message will appear: “You do not have a valid enrollment appointment at this time.”
DukeHub registration will open at 12:00PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on the day of your assigned registration window (Tuesday, July 11 or Thursday, July 13) and will remain open until the end of the drop/add period on September 8. Your window date is indicated on your Enrollment Dates page. You can register at any time during this period, although doing so as soon as your window opens is recommended as many classes will fill quickly.
5.1 Select classes, validate, enroll
- Check the boxes for the 4 or 4.5 courses you wish to enroll in Fall 2023 in your Shopping Cart.
- View the Status column to be sure there are seats available.
- Click on the ‘Validate’ button to check for prerequisites and time conflicts.
- Click on the ‘Enroll’ button.
- View the Enrollment Results window that appears to confirm that enrollment in your selected classes was successful.
After registering, you can view your fall schedule in these places:
- View/Drop Classes
- Schedule Builder
**As a reminder: Be mindful that some courses like the one shown below (CHEM 101DL) require a separate discussion and lab section that you will need to enroll in at the same time**
After you click on “Add to Cart”, another window will open showing the Discussion sections from which you can select an available that fits into your schedule. After selecting a section, click Continue to finalize the Shopping Cart transaction.
- You are NOT enrolled in any classes until you click the Enroll button. After doing so, do not be alarmed if you see a processing message with various warnings. This is a reminder that any of these actions will cancel your enrollment request, and you will have to start over in the enrollment queue. Be patient until you receive confirmation of your enrollment.
- Your Schedule will display your weekly schedule and your class schedule.
- Your Academics page will list AP, IPC, PMC credit that you have been given and your fall courses. In the future, it will list all courses you have enrolled in at Duke as well as grades and cumulative GPA.
- Visit View/Drop Classes to drop a course you are currently enrolled in (see next section).
5.2 How to drop a class you are enrolled in
Navigate to the View/Drop Classes section under Enrollment in DukeHub.
- Check the box next to the class to drop.
- A new screen will appear asking you to confirm your selection. Click on the “Drop” button to confirm.
- Review the Drop Results box to confirm the success of your drop request.
- Click on “View/Drop Classes” to review your new schedule.
5.3 Need to add a class?
When you find a class, click on the expand icon to see the Course Detail page. Check for enrollment requirements or prerequisites.
If you wish to enroll, click on the “Add to Cart” button, and the class will be added to your Shopping Cart. Then follow the regular registration instructions (section 5). Because students can only enroll in up to 4.5 credits during their first semester, if you are already enrolled in 4 or 4.5 credits you will need to drop a class before you can add a new one. Be sure you will be able to enroll in the class you wish to add, i.e., there are open seats, it fits your schedule, you have any required prerequisites and a permission number if needed, before dropping one of your current classes.
- Make sure that you are not enrolled in a class which conflicts in time with a class you are waitlisted for. If you are enrolled in another course that has a time conflict with the course in which you are waitlisted, when a seat becomes available, the system will pass over you because of the time conflict and will enroll the next person on the waitlist. You won’t be enrolled.
- A waitlisted class counts as one full credit towards your enrollment limit for the registration period. Thus, if you are already enrolled in 4 or 4.5 credits you won’t be able to join a waitlist for a class.
- Just being on a waitlist (even as the first person) does not guarantee that you will be enrolled. If no one drops out of the course, you won’t be enrolled.
- All waitlists are deleted at the end of the first week of class and all classes become permission only until the end of the drop/add period.
Once you have enrolled in your classes, you may return to DukeHub Enrollment and modify your schedule if you need up until drop/add concludes. Although, we strongly recommend you do not move your schedule around once you are secured in your sections, unless your placement is incorrect.
Once you complete step 5 and successfully enroll in four 1.0-credit courses, you are finished with the summer registration process.